Hello! We're looking for a motivated, over-achieving design intern to join our team for the Fall! You'd be a member of a tight-knit design team and take part in multiple design projects during your time here. The internship is full-time, in the studio, during normal work hours (so only local or will-definitely-be-local applicants please). The internship is unpaid though we provide a fixed stipend to cover commuting expenses.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualities and be able to demonstrate / speak to them:
- Strong typography, layout skills, and understanding of core design principles
- Strong in Adobe Creative Suite (in particular: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent communication skills and a clear ability to reference and articulate design
- Self-motivated; ability to work well in a small group setting
- Meticulous about design details with great organizational skills
- Creativity outside the computer
- Photography, Illustration, and Web skills (Sketch / Adobe Xd) are always a plus!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cv, portfolio / samples and a note about yourself in pdf format to email@example.com. Please use “2017 Fall Design Intern at Polygraph” in your email subject line. Applications that do not include these items will not be considered (be clear and intentional; don't be lazy!).
We apologize in advance, as we may not be able to reply to all applicants. Should your qualifications align, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. We are located in Southeast Washington DC, near Eastern Market, Capitol Hill, and Navy Yard with easy access to metro (Orange / Blue / Silver).